Wednesday 30 April 2014

Eye Spy Economy Block Quilt -Ta Da!

I'm certainly on a roll at the moment. I've finished another of my WIP's and I'm well on my way with a few others ( which I will reveal in later posts).
So, here is my economy block quilt in all it's glory:

 
 
And here is the back:
 
 
 
In close up on the back:
 
 
 
 
And similarly on the front:
 
 



Quilt stats:

48 inches by 60 inches

Front made with 6 inch ( finished ) blocks from stash, with lots of fussy cutting
Back made with 'Princess Kingdom' from Alexander Henry and a strip of Denyse Schmidt ( don't know what it is called) again from stash
Binding another unknown fabric from my stash
Quilted with So fine in white .

I'm a little disappointed with myself as the quilting on this one is not the finest! I wanted the quilting to be light, so as not to detract from the blocks. So, I just did wavy lines diagonally round all the blocks. I think I had it too loosely set up on the machine and it is not as 'flat' as I would have liked. It does give it a softer handle than more dense quilting, which I suppose was the effect I was after.
Once I've done the label, this is off to Isabella, the daughter of a colleague of mine.

I'm chuffed because this is the second finish of FAL quarter 2 and it's not May yet!



Finish Along 2014







5 comments:

  1. Well done. I'm pretty sure Isabella won't think twice about the quilting - she'll love it! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely on a roll! It's a beautiful quilt and perfect for a little girl. I adore the backing, it's just gorgeous. What's next then? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Showing off! Finishes here, there and everywhere! Good on you! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on fire with your finishes and how gorgeous is the economy block quilt. Scrappy goodness all round. I think Im in love with the idea of making one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete